Employment at Messiah
Messiah Church has a thriving ministry focused on growing disciples, with strong lay and staff leadership. We have a passion for changing lives and renewing our community. Consider how God may be calling you to utilize your gifts for our ministry.Administrative Assistant
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to all area directors as well as present exceptional hospitality at the front desk with those inquiring at Messiah by email, phone or in person.
- Format and publish all worship bulletins. (20%)
- Manage front desk hospitality; provide a welcoming atmosphere representing the church in a friendly and professional manner. (20%)
- Provide admin support for program area directors as requested (20%)
- Recruit and schedule weekly Scripture readers and monthly Communion servers, including send confirmation emails to all servants the week of service. (10%)
- Distribute weekly the GPS, electronic and print copies. Print and mail copies of materials as requested, including the GPS, weekly bulletin, sermon, Thursday email, and Pastor’s Friday email (15%)
- Maintain the CDM database and run reports as requested. (5%)
- Process outgoing mail. (5%)
- Perform other related duties as requested. (5%)
- Truly enjoy interacting and working with people of all ages.
- Maintain a high standard of integrity, confidentiality and sensitivity to personal information.
- Possess a high level of organization, enthusiasm, integrity and commitment…a self-starter.
- Possess excellent time management skills with the flexibility to prioritize tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Publisher as well as various social media platforms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and thorough knowledge and use of proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to remain composed under stress.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor during interactions with staff and guests.
- Life dedicated to Christian principles and Christian life.
This is an 18 hour/week position, Tuesday-Friday.
This position is not eligible for PTO or benefits.
Accountability to the Executive Pastor.
Position is open until filled.
To apply, send a letter of interest and resume to: Pastor Tami Luckhardt at email@example.com.
Do toddlers make you smile? Do you enjoy rocking a baby? Maybe kids are just your thing! We need you! Messiah’s Kids is in need of childcare providers. Work in the nursery, mainly on Sunday mornings with the possibility of additional shifts for special events. (We are happy to work around your schedule in the event that you are out of town.) You must be 16 years old or older and enjoy being with our youngest friends. This is a paid position. If you are interested, please email Karen Klekner, Director of Children and Family Ministry. Thank you for considering this very important ministry!