Employment at Messiah
Messiah Church has a thriving ministry focused on growing disciples, with strong lay and staff leadership. We have a passion for changing lives and renewing our community. Consider how God may be calling you to utilize your gifts for our ministry.Bookkeeper
The Bookkeeper is responsible for maintaining and safeguarding all finances and financial records of Messiah Church, in accordance with the Christian ethical standards, generally accepted accounting principles and efficient business practices.
- Provide the pastors, finance representative, Operations Director and program directors with monthly and annual reports
- Provide insights on any significant financial impacts
- Reconciles all bank accounts monthly
- Process vendor invoices through approval and payment
- Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls and audit trails regarding all financial transactions
- Create monthly reports for the pastors and finance representative and each area within the church
- Prepare Annual Reports consisting of receipts and disbursements and submit to the Annual Conference Office
- Process payroll
- Responsible for the proper withholding and reporting of federal, state and local taxes as required by law and prepare and file annual tax return, if necessary
- Process year-end earnings statements for W-2 and 1099 employees
- Execute most of the financial decisions made by the Finance Committee
- BA/BS degree or 5+ years experience in bookkeeping or accounting
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of CDMplus accounting software, or aptitude and willingness to learn
- Maintain confidences
- Effective listening and communication skills and able to resolve conflicts
- Other special projects as directed
- Life dedicated to Christian principles and Christian life
This position averages 10 hour/week and is a non-exempt position. This position is not eligible for PTO or benefits. Accountable to the Executive Pastor.
If you are interested, please email a cover letter and resume to Tami Luckhardt, Executive Pastor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do toddlers make you smile? Do you enjoy rocking a baby? Maybe kids are just your thing! We need you! Messiah’s Kids is in need of childcare providers. Work in the nursery, mainly on Sunday mornings with the possibility of additional shifts for special events. (We are happy to work around your schedule in the event that you are out of town.) You must be 16 years old or older and enjoy being with our youngest friends. This is a paid position. If you are interested, please email Karen Klekner, Director of Children and Family Ministry. Thank you for considering this very important ministry!