Drive-In Movie Night at Messiah
(Rescheduled!) Friday, June 26 @ 9-11 pm
In connection with our June sermon series, You’ve Got a Friend in Me, join us for a special drive-in movie experience! We’ll be showing a family-friendly movie from our current series on the big screen right in our Messiah Church parking lot. This event is FREE, however a ticket is required as space is limited.
During our Drive-In Movie Night, we will be collecting food and monetary donations to support families in need in neighborhoods of Minneapolis, which can be dropped off from the safety of your car. Check donations should be made out to Messiah Church (indicate “Minneapolis Relief” in the memo line). Please bring any donations in paper bags or boxes so that our servants can safely collect them. Any donation is appreciated, although not required.
The parking lot will open at 8:30 pm for vehicle placement and the movie will begin at approximately 9 pm.
Based on current health guidelines, please note the following policies in place for our Drive-In Movie Night:
- One ticket is required for each vehicle. Please limit vehicle occupants to the number of available seatbelts. Please print your ticket and present to the parking lot attendants.
- Parking lot opens at 8:30 pm for vehicle placement. Movie start time is approximate. In case of inclement weather, we will reschedule. Check below for weather updates, as necessary.
- Attendees must watch the movie from inside their vehicles. No parking lot lawn chair seating please. You may watch from the back of a pick-up truck or SUV hatch.
- Feel free to bring your own snacks and beverages. As always, please no smoking or alcohol.
- Children are not permitted to play in the parking lot, before, during, or after the movie. Feel free to bring items to keep your family entertained inside your vehicle before the movie begins.
- The church restrooms will be available. Masks are required while in the building. Please follow posted physical distancing guidelines and use hand sanitizer or soap and water.
- While this event is FREE, if you reserve a ticket and find you are no longer able to attend, please contact Carolyn Loeffler at email@example.com so that we may make this space available to another family.
The movie is rated G and has a total run-time of 1 hour 40 minutes. Due to copyright restrictions, we are not able to advertise to the public the title of the movie we’ll be showing. But trust us, it’s great! However, if you’d like to know in advance, you can email Carolyn Loeffler at firstname.lastname@example.org. Presented under license from Christian Video Licensing.
The weather forecast for tonight looks fabulous – WCCO is reporting 76 and clear. Hope to see you there!
Endings…and New Beginnings
Then on Sunday, June 28 tune in live at 8:45 or 10:30 am or on demand anytime for Pastor Steve’s message based on the Toy Story movies entitled Who Am I? The great existential question of life: Who am I and why am I here? Who would have thought that a Toy Story movie would point us toward that question and the answer? Let’s consider what happens when we find a purpose. Friendship is one way that leads us to that answer as we will see in a story about “forky” and a powerful message from scripture.