On Tuesday, November 10, the State of Minnesota issued new guidelines for gatherings, in an effort to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Because of these new guidelines, we regret that this event has been cancelled.
Even though the Campfire Sing-Along is cancelled, drive through our parking lot on Friday, November 13, 6-7 pm to pick up your Advent candle set and s’more kits to take home and enjoy. Can’t make it to the drive-thru on Friday? Don’t worry – additional Advent candle sets will be available in the church atrium beginning Monday, November 16 during office hours (Monday through Thursday 9 am-3 pm and Friday 9 am-noon). If you’d like us to mail you a candle set, leave a message (with your address!) for Carolyn Loeffler in the church office at (763) 473-6968 ext 101, or email at email@example.com.
November Campfire Sing-Along
Friday, November 13 @ 6-7 pm
The crisp air of winter is upon us – but we’ll keep you warm! On Friday, November 13, 6-7 pm, we’ll gather from a safe distance around campfires in our parking lot. Let’s roast marshmallows, sing-along to songs you love, and enjoy the company of others in the fresh outdoor air. Dress for the weather, wear a mask, bring your own chair & invite a friend! We’ll supply the s’more making supplies (in individually packaged kits) and cozy fires. All are welcome – we can’t wait to see you!
This event is FREE, but please reserve a ticket (one per person) so we know you’re coming and can save a spot big enough for you and your group to be distanced and safe. (No vehicle passes are available for this event.)
During our Campfire Sing-Along, we will be handing out Advent candle sets, to save in preparation for the Advent season, which begins on Sunday, November 29.
Can’t make it to the Campfire Sing-Along? Don’t worry – additional Advent candle sets will be available in the church atrium beginning Monday, November 16 during office hours (Monday through Thursday 9 am-3 pm and Friday 9 am-noon). If you’d like us to mail you a candle set, leave a message (with your address!) for Carolyn Loeffler in the church office at (763) 473-6968 ext 101, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During our Campfire Sing-Along, we will be collecting monetary donations for the Interfaith Outreach Sleep Out. Checks should be made out to Messiah Church (indicate “Sleep Out” in the memo line). Any donation is appreciated, although not required. You can also give throughout the month of November, online by selecting “Sleep Out,” by texting a dollar amount to (763) 333-2673 and following the prompts, or by mailing a check (indicate “Sleep Out” in the memo) to: Messiah Church, 17805 County Road 6, Plymouth, MN 55447. For more information on the Sleep Out, visit https://sleepout.iocp.org/.
Based on current health guidelines, please note the following policies in place for our Campfire Sing-Along:
- One ticket is required for each person.
- No vehicle passes are available for this event.
- Please print your ticket(s) and present to the parking lot attendants. The parking lot will open at 5:45 pm.
- Parking lot attendants will help guide you where to park in our lot. If these spots become full, street parking is available, or AFTER 6 pm the parking lot across from the church is also available.
- If you plan to linger, please bring your own chair(s).
- Dress for the weather! The cold never bothered us anyway… But should the weather be unseasonable wet, this event will be cancelled. Please check below for weather updates as necessary.
- We’ll supply the s’more making supplies (in individually packaged kits). Feel free to bring other snacks and beverages. As always, please no smoking or alcohol.
- Face masks are recommended when physical distancing isn’t possible.
- The church restrooms will be available. Face masks are required while in the building. Please follow posted physical distancing guidelines and use hand sanitizer or soap and water.
- If you are feeling sick, please refrain from attending.
While this event is FREE, tickets are limited to ensure appropriate physical distancing and a safe environment. If you reserve a ticket and find you are no longer able to attend, please contact Carolyn Loeffler at email@example.com so that we may make this space available for another family or group.
Dress for the weather (the cold never bothered us anyway!), but should the weather be unseasonably wet, this event will be cancelled. A decision regarding the Campfire Sing-Along will be posted by 3 pm.