Outdoor Summer Concert
Wednesday, August 12 @ 6:30 pm
Gather with us for an hour of upbeat, fun summertime music brought to you by some of your favorite Messiah musicians and a few new faces! You’ll enjoy favorite tunes by Chicago, Alicia Keyes, Motown, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Journey, Bill Withers, Steve Winwood, Train and more! Sing, dance, hang out and chat with your Messiah friends from a safe physical distance, and support two local business with a BBQ dinner and ice cream treats.
The concert is FREE, but please reserve a ticket so we know you’re coming and can save a spot big enough for your group to be distanced and safe. Drive in or come with your own lawn chairs and/or blankets!
Updated Wednesday, August 12 at 6:20 pm: We got a bit wet…we’ll shake it off & get started in just a few minutes!
Updated Wednesday, August 12 at 5:20 pm: It’s NOT raining at Messiah! We’ll see you at 6:30 pm tonight!
Updated Wednesday, August 12 at 2 pm: It looks like the clouds are clearing! The concert scheduled for tonight (Wednesday, August 12) at 6:30 pm is a GO! Pray any additional rain holds off.
Start with dinner! North Shore BBQ* will be in our parking lot serving up their signature BBQ beginning at 6 pm. Available for purchase:
Meals: (all meals come with your choice of: potato salad, cucumber salad, coleslaw, or chips)
Pulled Pork Sandwich Meal: $10
Chicken Wings (6) Meal: $12
Hot Dog Meal: $8
Bratwurst or Polish Sausage Meal: $8
Chips (Doritos, kettle or sour cream & onion): $1.50
Water, Coke, Diet Coke or Sprite: $1.50
Bottled and Specialty Beverages: $3
Ice Cream! Ice Cream! The Blue Moo Ice Cream* truck will also be in our parking lot with cool, refreshing ice cream treats available for purchase ($1-4 each) beginning at 6 pm.
* Face masks are recommended while in the BBQ and ice cream lines. Please respect the 6 foot physical distancing guideline while in line.
The concert is FREE, but a ticket is required in order to maintain appropriate physical distancing. We are offering two ticket types. Please order only ONE ticket type for your group or family:
- OPEN SEATING PASS – This provides you with a dedicated outdoor seating block. Bring your own blankets or lawn chairs, and sit outside in the parking lot to enjoy the concert. Each seating block will be marked and appropriately distanced from neighboring blocks. Your block placement will be set by parking lot attendants. We will ask for a headcount at checkout.
- VEHICLE PASS – For those who wish to remain in their vehicles, we will be offering parking spots for vehicles at the sides and back of the open seating blocks. Please enjoy the concert from inside the comfort of your own vehicle (you’ll need to roll down your windows for the best audio quality), or from the back of a pick-up truck or SUV hatch. Because of physical distancing guidelines, Vehicle Pass holders may not be able to move to the Open Seating section. Vehicle placement will be set by parking lot attendants. You do not need to order a vehicle pass in addition to Open Seating tickets if you plan to watch from the seating area. Vehicle Passes are for watching from inside your vehicle.
Please print your ticket and present to the parking lot attendants. The parking lot will open at 6 pm and the concert will begin at 6:30 pm. In case of inclement weather, we will reschedule for Thursday, August 13 at 6:30 pm and the same ticket may be used. See below for weather updates, as necessary.
We will also be collecting school supplies to support students-in-need at Mississippi Creative Arts Elementary (MCAE) in the St. Paul Public School District. MCAE focuses on creative arts in addition to traditional academic subjects. 90% of this school’s population receives free or reduced price meals. Even if students cannot attend school in person, there continues to be a need for school supplies. At an upcoming August back-to-school drive-through event, students will be given basic school supplies to assist with their online learning. Supplies for students to create art at home are also greatly appreciated as many families do not have these items. Monetary donations are welcome and checks should be made out to Messiah Church (indicate “School Supplies” in the memo line). Please bring any item donations in paper bags or boxes so that our Mission Team servants can safely collect them. Any donation is appreciated, although not required.
Based on current health guidelines, please note the following policies in place for our Outdoor Summer Concert:
- One ticket is required for each vehicle OR open seating block. Please limit vehicle occupants to the number of available seatbelts. Please print your ticket and present to the parking lot attendants.
- Persons with Open Seating Passes are asked to park in our parking lot on the north side facing County Road 6. If these spots become full, street parking is available, or AFTER 6 pm the parking lot across from the church is also available. Parking lot attendants will help guide you.
- The North Shore BBQ and Blue Moo Ice Cream food trucks will be available in our parking lot beginning at 6 pm. Please respect the 6 foot physical distancing guideline while in line.
- Feel free to bring your own snacks and beverages. As always, please no smoking or alcohol.
- Feel free to bring small items or activities to keep your family entertained before the concert begins.
- Face masks are recommended while in the outdoor open seating area and in the BBQ and ice cream lines.
- The church restrooms will be available. Face masks are required while in the building. Please follow posted physical distancing guidelines and use hand sanitizer or soap and water.
- If you are feeling sick, please refrain from attending.
- While the concert is FREE, if you reserve a ticket and find you are no longer able to attend, please contact Carolyn Loeffler at email@example.com so that we may make this space available to another family.