Outdoor Family Worship
Wednesday, July 29 @ 6:30 pm
Join us for a special outdoor family-friendly worship experience, complete with ice cream! We may not be together for Sunday worship in the sanctuary (yet), but we’ll safely worship together in our Messiah Church parking lot.
Ice Cream! Ice Cream! Who wants ice cream? As a special treat and gift from Messiah, the Blue Moo Ice Cream truck will be in our parking lot handing out cool, refreshing ice cream treats before and after the service, FREE to the first 100 guests, and available for purchase ($1-4) after the 100-treat giveaway. They will open at 6 pm (30 minutes prior to the start of the outdoor worship service) and then again at the conclusion of worship.
A ticket for this service is required in order to maintain appropriate physical distancing. We are offering two ticket types:
- OPEN SEATING PASS – This provides you with a dedicated outdoor seating block. Bring your own blankets or lawn chairs, and sit outside in the parking lot to enjoy the service. Each seating block will be marked and appropriately distanced from neighboring blocks. Each block will comfortably seat 4-6 people; if your group is larger, please reserve two Open Seating Passes. Your block placement will be set by parking lot attendants. Please order one pass for your group of 4-6. We will ask for a headcount at checkout.
- VEHICLE PASS – For those who wish to remain in their vehicles, we will be offering parking spots for vehicles at the sides and back of the open seating blocks. Please enjoy the service from inside the comfort of your own vehicle (you’ll need to roll down your windows for the best audio quality), or from the back of a pick-up truck or SUV hatch. Because of physical distancing guidelines, Vehicle Pass holders may not be able to move to the Open Seating section. Vehicle placement will be set by parking lot attendants. You do not need to order a vehicle pass in addition to Open Seating tickets if you plan to watch from the seating area. Vehicle Passes are for watching from inside your vehicle.
During our Outdoor Family Worship, we will be handing out pre-packaged communion kits (juice & a wafer), to save in preparation for virtual communion on Sunday, August 2.
We will also be collecting school supplies to support students-in-need in the St. Paul Public Schools. Monetary donations are welcome and checks should be made out to Messiah Church (indicate “School Supplies” in the memo line). Please bring any donations in paper bags or boxes so that our servants can safely collect them. Any donation is appreciated, although not required.
The parking lot will open at 6 pm and the service will begin promptly at 6:30 pm. In case of inclement weather, we will reschedule for Thursday, July 30 at 6:30 pm and the same ticket may be used. See below for weather updates, as necessary.
Based on current health guidelines, please note the following policies in place for our Outdoor Worship Service:
- One ticket is required for each vehicle or open seating block. Please limit vehicle occupants to the number of available seatbelts and limit open seating blocks to 4-6 people (or reserve an additional Open Seating Pass). Please print your ticket and present to the parking lot attendants.
- Persons with Open Seating Passes are asked to park in the street, or in the lot across from the church (available after 6 pm). Parking lot attendants will help guide you.
- Feel free to bring your own snacks and beverages. As always, please no smoking or alcohol.
- Feel free to bring small items or activities to keep your family entertained before the service begins. Sidewalk chalk will be available for parking lot use.
- The Blue Moo Ice Cream truck will be available at 6-6:30 pm and again for 30 minutes after the service. Please respect the 6 foot physical distancing guideline while in line.
- Face masks are recommended while in the outdoor open seating area and in the ice cream line.
- The church restrooms will be available. Face masks are required while in the building. Please follow posted physical distancing guidelines and use hand sanitizer or soap and water.
- If you are feeling sick, please refrain from attending.
- While this event is FREE, if you reserve a ticket and find you are no longer able to attend, please contact Carolyn Loeffler at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may make this space available to another family.
The weather forecast for tonight looks fabulous – WCCO is reporting 80 and partly cloudy at 6 pm. Hope to see you there!