Parking Lot Church
Tuesday, October 6 @ 6 pm
Colder temperatures are quickly closing in on us – so if you’ve enjoyed our parking lot events this summer, this is your last chance to worship safely outside and sing your heart out to the hymns you love! Join us for a 45 minute worship service including live music from our Traditions Worship Team and a meaningful message. (This time we’ll start a bit earlier to capture as much sunlight as possible.) Bring a blanket along with your lawn chairs, or plan to sit in your car. All are welcome (including your pets)! We can’t wait to see you!
This outdoor worship service is FREE, but a ticket is required in order to maintain appropriate physical distancing. We are offering two ticket types. Please order only ONE ticket type for your group or family:
- OPEN SEATING PASS – This provides you with a dedicated outdoor seating block. Bring your own blankets or lawn chairs, and sit outside in the parking lot to enjoy the service. Each seating block will be marked and appropriately distanced from neighboring blocks. Plan to park on Olive Lane in front of the church, in the lot across the street (AFTER 6 pm), or in the Messiah Church parking lot facing north along County Road 6. Only ONE pass per group is needed. We will ask for a headcount at checkout.
- VEHICLE PASS – For those who wish to remain in their vehicles, we will be offering parking spots for vehicles at the sides and back of the open seating blocks. Please enjoy the service from inside the comfort of your own vehicle (you’ll need to roll down your windows for the best audio quality), or from the back of a pick-up truck or SUV hatch. Because of physical distancing guidelines, Vehicle Pass holders may not be able to move to the Open Seating section. Vehicle placement will be set by parking lot attendants. Do not order a vehicle pass in addition to Open Seating tickets if you plan to watch from the outdoor seating area. Vehicle Passes are for watching from inside your vehicle ONLY.
Please print your ticket and present to the parking lot attendants. The parking lot will open at 5 pm and the service will begin promptly at 6 pm. Should the weather be unseasonably cold or rainy, we will reschedule for Tuesday, October 13 at 6 pm (a week later) and the same ticket may be used. See below for weather updates, as necessary.
Come early for the 21st annual Blessing of the Animals under the pergola. At 5:30 pm we will have a brief celebration of God’s creatures with a personal blessing of each pet and owner. All pets of any size are welcome to attend and bring their owners. (Masks are recommended and physical distancing is expected.)
North Shore BBQ will be in our parking lot serving up their signature BBQ before the service, from 5-6 pm. Available for purchase:
Meals: (all meals come with your choice of: potato salad, coleslaw, or chips)
Pulled Pork Sandwich Meal: $10
Pulled Chicken Sandwich Meal: $10
Hot Dog Meal: $8
Polish Sausage Meal: $8
Chips (Doritos, kettle or sour cream & onion): $1.50
Water, Coke, Diet Coke or Sprite: $1.50
Bottled and Specialty Beverages: $3
Our partnership with Oakwood Elementary School continues, and we will be collecting snacks to support their students. We are collecting individual serving size packages of goldfish crackers, teddy grahams, cheez-its, popcorn and chocolate chip granola bars to bless the school with this fall (please no snacks with peanuts or peanut butter). These snacks will be used for all students, as we help to minimize food insecurity for children. Monetary donations are also welcome and checks should be made out to Messiah Church (indicate “School Snacks” in the memo line). Please bring any donations in paper bags or boxes so that our Mission Team servants can safely collect them. Any donation is appreciated, although not required.
Based on current health guidelines, please note the following policies in place for our Parking Lot Church:
- One ticket is required for each vehicle OR open seating block. Please limit vehicle occupants to the number of available seatbelts. Please print your ticket and present to the parking lot attendants.
- Persons with Open Seating Passes are asked to park in our parking lot on the north side facing County Road 6. If these spots become full, street parking is available, or AFTER 6 pm the parking lot across from the church is also available. Parking lot attendants will help guide you.
- The North Shore BBQ food truck will be available in our parking lot before the service from 5-6 pm and will stop selling when the service begins. Please respect the 6 foot physical distancing guideline while in line.
- Feel free to bring your own snacks and beverages. As always, please no smoking or alcohol.
- Feel free to bring small items or activities to keep your family entertained before the service begins.
- Face masks are recommended for the Blessing of the Animals event, while in the outdoor open seating area, and in the BBQ line.
- The church restrooms will be available. Face masks are required while in the building. Please follow posted physical distancing guidelines and use hand sanitizer or soap and water.
- If you are feeling sick, please refrain from attending.
- While the service is FREE, tickets are limited to ensure appropriate physical distancing and a safe environment. If you reserve a ticket and find you are no longer able to attend, please contact Carolyn Loeffler at email@example.com so that we may make this space available for another family or group.
Should the weather be unseasonably cold or rainy, we will reschedule for Tuesday, October 13 at 6 pm (a week later) and the same ticket may be used. A decision regarding Tuesday’s worship service will be posted by 3 pm.